Facebook Badge

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Happiness = Friendship


Today, I spent three hours sitting in a local restaurant, sharing lunch and gabbing with my neighbor.  We had such a good time together.   Our conversation revolved around the joys and challenges of parenting (she has three-year-old twin boys; my three kids are nearly grown), missionary work, college football, our concern for an ailing neighbor, Christmas music and the responsibility of doing our best to serve others.  I left our lunch meeting feeling uplifted, renewed and so grateful for the love and concern of my many, many dear friends, who have such an impact for good upon me.  Where would I be without my friends?  Wonderful people, of all ages, colors, shapes, sizes, interests and backgrounds, who have shaped my own perceptions.  Friends from elementary school, high school, college, Paris, church, work.......the list goes on and on.  Many of my friends know me better than my own siblings, simply because I have shared more of my life with them--17 years in Texas!  I have often felt that our relationships are the only things that matter--relationship to God, to our families, our friends, our neighbors, even strangers.  The quality of our relationships is a measure of the depth of our souls.  In this way, I have been truly blessed.  Thank you, my friends, for sharing your life with me.

1 comment:

  1. Claire! I Love, Love, Love your Blogspot! Your posts are positive and thoughtful and encouraging and inspiring~ things I can never hear enough about. Keep them coming~ thanks
    love
    catherine

    ReplyDelete